Experiment with editing in the Wikipedia sandbox. Or, just edit any article: Click the "Edit" link at its top, make your corrections or additions, then use the Show preview button at the bottom. If you save the page and you don't like what you've done, then revert and start over.
- How to edit a page
- Editing sections
- Creating links
- Advanced wiki markup
- Use easy timeline syntax
- Valid HTML codes in wikitext
- "Magic words" and variables – These allow you to change default behaviour or automate text. For example, you can disable a table of contents, move its position or insert constants and timestamps
Saving your edits
- "Show preview" – Always use this to avoid errors.
- Edit summary – To explain your edits.
- Minor edits – Check this for typos and small corrections.
- Edit conflict – What to do when another editor changes the page while you're editing it.